Monday, September 10, 2012

Actually made it in time for Made it Monday!

Mark your calendars! It is the first time I have actually remembered/had time to/had something to blog about on a Made it Monday! Actually I have had this "made" for a while, but didn't have the photos taken.

When I was getting ready for this school year, I discovered paper cake doilies. Okay, yes I knew they existed, but I didn't know they went beyond those lacey white ones that shed and leave white flakes everywhere. I found these little beauties at AC Moore (sorry for the glare):





I forget exactly how much they cost, but I used a 40% off coupon and I think they were only like three dollars for 10 doilies? There are other smaller sizes of the same type and you get like 12 or 16 in a package.

I had been going through black ink "like whoa" and I thought these papers would prolong the life of my black ink cartridge. I used them on my binder covers and I think they are too cute if I do say so myself:


The binders are the white kind with a clear overlay. I used scrapbook paper and then printed out the white circle/lettering on my computer.

Because they came in packs of ten (and of course I bought two packs), I also found other ways to use them in my room/decor. I glued these "Welcome" letters on them before I laminated them and glued them on the ribbon.



I slipped one under my estimation jar to jazz up my little table here. 
And yes, those are truffala tree pencils!



I bought the mini ones and have yet to make anything with them, but I can tell you that I have lots of ideas! They also come in white I believe, but I liked the bold black edge with the black and white zebra that I had in my room already.

Well, it wasn't a very elaborate Made it Monday, but if you are lookin to put a little "fancy" into your classroom, these paper cake doilies are perfect!

P.S. I excitedly went to Starbucks yesterday (well it actually is a Starbucks kiosk in my grocery store, Dover doesn't have a stand alone Starbucks) and was all pumped up and in the autumn spirit to order my first pumpkin spice latte of the season.....they were out!! Oh the defeat. I didn't even order something else instead- the Caramel Apple Spice Cider is usually my other go-to fall favorite. I will have to try back- for now I am relying on my other true coffee love: my Pumpkin Spice Keurig cups, which are now sitting next to my little pumpkin in my kitchen. Never too early for autumn and picking up a pumpkin while grocery shopping!

Have a great Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Krista, this is FABULOUS! Love the pictures. Your pieces look so cute :)

    Great job!

    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the dolies! Your stuff looks great. I've been eyeing the pumpkin spice keurig cups and wasn't sure if they were too strong. I'll have to check them out.
    I just started following your blog too!
    Happy Fall

    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for the doilies! I love the black, my theme is a jungle theme so there's lots of black ink involved:} So I will be checking this out this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Seychelles, the population density is 200 people per square kilometer (520 per square mile). Because of this statistic, this country is considered to be densely populated. http://www.confiduss.com/en/jurisdictions/seychelles/demographics/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really enjoyable to visit your website because you have such an amazing writing style.
    Mouse Auto Clicker Crack

    ReplyDelete